Friday 8 July 2016

The Cursed Tree

It was about 50 feet tall and its trunk diameter had exceeded 300mm. It provided a cooling shade beneath and the birds like to sing up there. My neighbour's son liked to park his car beneath tree. He was not considerate enough the car there and its back often came out 2 to 3 feet into the narrow road  facing my entrance gate. My family had to be careful when driving in and out of the house whenever his car parked there. A few times I wanted to tell the youth of his inconsiderate action but refrained from doing so for not spoiling the friendly relationship. I planted some flower plants to prevent him to park at some part of the road. The neighbouring house actually has a very large entrance parking space which could park at least four cars but is hot in the day due to open space. So, they preferred to park in front of my house below the trees. Sometimes, I unreasonably cursed the tree.
The loan shark in the city liked to put their advertisements on the tree, not only is unsightly but also not in harmony. Sometimes, I tore down the fabric and threw into the rubbish bins. Sometimes the government authorities or other neighbours would pull down, But these illegal business people would replace the advertisement the next day. Poor tree, it got my curse again.

The Asian Koel bird had been screaming and moaning every morning and evening on the tree in front of my house for the last few months, offending me greatly. I went out the house a few times and threw my slippers to chase away the bird by creating threatening noises. But it would come back after a while, I again cursed the tree.


The tree finally came down yesterday after so many curses. It crushed on my neighbour’s car, fell on my wall/front gate, crushing two of my wall lamps. The loan shark advertisement fell on the floor. The Asian Koel bird will never be able to scream again on the tree. 
I cannot curse this tree any more. Don't do something to attract curse and don't curse people unnecessarily, unimaginable force may be with YOU.


No comments:

Post a Comment