Thursday 27 October 2016

Nangka (Jack Fruit)

It grew up from nowhere at my back garden into a ten-foot tree five years back. I did not know what was that tree and I did not like the tree because it dropped so many leaves on the garden floor every day. So I cut the tree down at the base three years ago, getting rid of it.

It grew up again with two trunks, this time even faster. Before I paid attention to the regenerated tree, I saw the fruits growing on the tree last year. Only then I realised that it was a jack fruit tree. 

This jack fruit tree is of different variety compared to that found in my farm. But the fruits did not grow until ripen. The fruit flies drilled through the thick skin and soon the fruits were gone.


Now, the fruits came out again, with more numbers. But I saw a few had been colonised by fruit flies.So, I use the plastic bags to seal off a few big ones. Let see whether I will be able to eat some this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment