Thursday 22 September 2016

The Tortoise

Another animal crawled in front of my house gate the same day as my ugly dog barked incessantly. I was wondering where did this fellow come from as the storm drain is 1.2m deep with shallow water. Could a tortise climb vertically 1.2m?

So, I put it into a 200mm deep basin and it shyly hid its head but gradually stretched its head out to check safety.

After dinner, as the place was deserted, the tortoise began its action. When I came back to check, it had disappeared. It climbed up the basin, went through the door and crawled into the shallow house drain. I managed to find it through the water trail and guess. This time I put it into the 600mm deep plastic pail.The next day, it was still inside, it could not escape.

I let it go the next day as it could not move much in the pail and I did not wish to confine and look after it as a pet. I put inside the pond and it disappeared after a while.



No comments:

Post a Comment